First recorded history was the confirmation of the Charter by Henry III in 1267. Not mentioned in the Doomsday book but the name originally believed to be Offa's Church would suggest a relation to Offa, King of Mercia 757 to 796.
The modern population is 250 (2011) and the village is located off the Fosse Way on Offchurch Lane just NE of Radford Semele and is about 2.5 miles directly east of Leamington Spa. See map and directions below.
St Gregory Parish Church
The parish church of St. Gregory’s stands atop a hill above the village. It consists of chancel with north vestry, 12th century nave with south porch, and 15th century west tower, and is built of the local red sandstone.
The piers in the foundation of the chancel arch failed and collapsed c1300' and were rebuilt with buttresses being added to the south and, probably, north piers. It appears that during the reconstruction the chancel was rebuilt and made longer and the south porch was constructed.
Late in the 16th century the roof of the nave was reconstructed at a lower pitch, and it may have been at this time that the clumsy and very massive buttress on the north side, overlapping the north door, was built.
Offchurch Bury is a manor house located one mile to the north west of the village of Offchurch, Warwickshire, England.
Joseph Watson, 1st Baron Manton (10 February 1873 – 13 March 1922) and was the owner of Offchurch Bury
Offchurch War Memorial, foreground. Contains the names of 10 men who fell in WW1 and 3 who fell in WW2. See below for transcription.